Centralite Litejet and Elk M1G

ctay

Anyone out there that has the Litejet connected to their M1G? I can not seem to get these two to talk to each other... What did you have to do to get them working?

I am connecting through a ELK-M1XSP that has been enrolled and is running 1.0.36 firmware. The litejet is on firmware 7.0. The serial cable is good and I am able to connect to the Litejet through this serial cable when it is connected to the laptop and running the Centralite software. The M1XSP is enrolled and communicating with the M1G (steady blinks every 1/2 sec). I have the mode jumpers of the M1XSP set to 1 1 1 0. I am connected to the serial port 1 on the Litejet with dip switches 8 and 3 on. I have tried 8 and 6 as well with no change. This is a litejet 48 so i can not connect to the port 2 as that connects the two panels together. I set the format for the lights in ELK RP with the format stated in the manual (Serial expander, dimmer). The M1XSP is addressed #2.

Lighting changes in the Elk have no effect on the Litejet.

I am at a loss. I have tried everything I can think of and have looked for every document that says anything about the setup of these two that I can find. Elk tech support hasn't been a lot of help but mostly only because I'm in the west and they are in the east so they are always closed when I can call. There is only so much you can do over email...

Any ideas?

Chris

Resolution... Turns out that pin 7 of my serial cable was bad. Replaced the cable and everything worked as it was supposed to.

Chris

Back