Centralite LiteJet vs Elite

bdgarcia

I am starting construction of a new house. My builder hopes to break ground in early December. The Centralite wired systems seem like a very cost effective option. I was looking at the Litejet and Elite systems. From what I can tell the Litejet 48 and the Elite are somewhat similar, with the Elite being slightly more capable in terms of number of scenes (due to the the Litejet 48 simply being a linking of two LiteJet 24s. Is that a correct observation? Is one platform a better longterm platform (Firmware updates, new features, etc)?

How do the two compare in terms of price?

Thx
Bryan

I am starting construction of a new house. My builder hopes to break ground in early December. The Centralite wired systems seem like a very cost effective option. I was looking at the Litejet and Elite systems. From what I can tell the Litejet 48 and the Elite are somewhat similar, with the Elite being slightly more capable in terms of number of scenes (due to the the Litejet 48 simply being a linking of two LiteJet 24s. Is that a correct observation? Is one platform a better longterm platform (Firmware updates, new features, etc)?

How do the two compare in terms of price?

Thx
Bryan

I'm pretty new to the Centralite products but from what I can see:

* Elite's scenes and timed events are doubled
* Relay and fan speed control boards used on each system have different specs (Elite handles more of each)
* Switch Status Terminal not available for LiteJet
* Dip Switch Backup not available for LiteJet
* Hot Box (all on/off)not available for LiteJet

You will have to contact a dealer/installer in your area for pricing but I will say you will actually save more money buying an Elite vs. 2 LiteJet's.

You will have to contact a dealer/installer in your area for pricing but I will say you will actually save more money buying an Elite vs. 2 LiteJet's.

Your right on all of those I think except the price. Elite is more expensive than the litejet 48. Mostly this is due to it being so new.

Wired versus wireless -- that is the question. I have a baseless belief that wired lighting (eg. Centralite Elite) is considerably more expensive than wireless (eg. Centralite JetStream). But, I should verify this belief: we're planning to build a 2000 sqft house sometime in the next 6 months, and therefore a wired solution is technically feasible. But, I've persisted in considering wireless solutions because I don't have $150,000 to spend on it. What are realistic estimates for wired home automation--themostats, lighting, garage doors, motion sensors, smoke detectors?

Chris Dutchyn

Last that I had heard, Elite will be replaceing LiteJet 48 at some point (ie being discontinued).

So you will have:

Wired:
LiteJet (24)
Elite (48)
Elegance (192 max.) - Certified Dealer Only

Wireless:
StarLite (for now)
JetStream

Back