[CES] 2006 Exclusive Update

BraveSirRobbin

Please read THIS General CES 2006 Update Disclaimer FIRST:

Visited the Intermatic booth and spoke with Art Noparstak, Marketing Manager.

Intermatic offers a line of ZWave products as shown below. Two items which caught my eye were the outdoor (extension type) appliance module and the motion detector.

They use a ZWave USB interface to your computer along with Control Think software (sold under their name) and a remote for a whole house solution for ZWave devices.

You can access the control system either via the remote or the PC via the Control Think graphical user interface.

This package will be available second quarter of 2006.

They also have an in-wall ZWave receptacle (only one is ZWave controlled) available first quarter of 2006.

Also, they will come out with an interior motion sensor during the second quarter of 2006.

None of these ZWave products offered by Intermatic require a neutral in the electrical box making them an excellent choice for older home retrofits.

The outdoor type appliance module can be used for general outdoor lighting, landscape lighting, fountains, pumps, etc...).

Pricing was not disclosed at this time.

ZWave USB Computer Interface:

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

ZWave In-Wall Outlet Module

ZWave Motion Sensor

For more information visit Intermatics Online Cataglog.

Thanks for the great reporting SBR. Did you happen to notice if that large advertisement for Intermatic was at all removeable on the inwall switch, or was it on there just for the CES show. I would like to install some of these in my home but would rather them blend in more with the other non Zwave switches.

betrickey said:
Did you happen to notice if that large advertisement for Intermatic was at all removeable on the inwall switch...
Look at the second page of THIS file of their PDF catalog (towards the upper right of that page) and you will see a photo of that outlet without the nomenclature! :(

BSR,
One of these reports mentioned Intermatic blinds. Do you have any information on these?

Rupp said:
BSR,
One of these reports mentioned Intermatic blinds. Do you have any information on these?
No, don't have any information on them. I didn't see them displayed at the show. I can give you their Vice President's Email address if you would like though.

Back