[CES] 2007 Exclusive Update - SMARTLABS/INSTEON

RWlodarczyk said:
BTW, BraveSirRobbin, How heavy is the RemoteLinc compared to the ControlLinc?
I can't answer that as I've never picked up a controllinc.

I can tell you that the remote is very light though!

BraveSirRobbin said:
I DID update the original post again with a review of Universal Devices though!
This product looks very interesting. Do you know when they'll be releasing more information? A java based control that is not too expensive and can be mounted in a structured enclosure is interesting.

Do they have a website? I'm finding to much extraneous junk when searching for their company.

It is so heavy that SH couldn't get it out the door for 10 months.

Maybe they just wanted to make sure it works before shipping it?? Can you blame them?

I think they stopped releasing information on new upcoming products because we cant complain about not getting something if we dont know about it.

A wise move I would say!

Digger said:
It is so heavy that SH couldn't get it out the door for 10 months. 

Maybe they just wanted to make sure it works before shipping it?? Can you blame them?

I think they stopped releasing information on new upcoming products because we cant complain about not getting something if we dont know about it.

A wise move I would say!
You guys... :lol:

HighTest said:
BraveSirRobbin said:
I DID update the original post again with a review of Universal Devices though!
This product looks very interesting. Do you know when they'll be releasing more information? A java based control that is not too expensive and can be mounted in a structured enclosure is interesting.

Do they have a website? I'm finding to much extraneous junk when searching for their company.
HERE is Universal Devices website. The product is due out next month.

I also updated that link to their site in my original post above.

This is interesting and shows how popular Insteon is. Look below at a summary of all the [CES] 2007 Exclusive Updates "Numer of Views" since they were posted. Notice the number of views for the SmartLabs Exclusive Update vs. all the others...

Attachments

• popularity.jpg
    popularity.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 144
I can answer some of the questions concerning the RemoteLinc...

The 6 buttons at the top are toggle. You can push Up for On or brighten and down for Off or dim. Concerning the testboxes that were seen...Yes, the outlets are just normal outlets (non-Insteon) with the load wire of a SwitchLinc or KeypadLinc controlling it's power.

Kudos to BSR and his excellent CES reviews and reports. Even though I was there, I wouldnt have known of any of the new developments without his reports.

Dave.

A big thanks to BSR for the review and stopping by the booth.

As much as we would have liked to have had all of the INSTEON partners I don't think everyone could make it. Al from SimpleHomeNet did stop by the booth for a few minutes to look at the demos and meet with our business development team.

CES was a very busy show for INSTEON technology as it was featured in other booths besides our own. We hope that more 3rd party enabled products begin shipping soon. Again - thanks BSR for the review and the time. Hope to see more of you guys at the next trade show.

Back