CES Exclusive Update

BraveSirRobbin

I went to the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas on Thursday. Here are some pictures and comments from my short visit there.

The first booth visited was Homeseer Technologies. The majority of time was spent with Rick Tinker but I chatted with most of the staff there. Everyone was extremely nice to talk to and very enthusiastic about the show. It was nice meeting/seeing some of the faces behind the HS Forum posts!

Best of luck to them and I hope they get a lot of business generated from their CES presentation efforts. ;)

Attachments

• HSBooth.JPG
    HSBooth.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 23
Rick showed off some of the new Z-Wave RF interfaces and had a wall display to demo them. He stated that new modules for diming, etc should be coming out soon so it could become a a whole home control hardware replament.

Attachments

• ZWaveDisplays.jpg
    ZWaveDisplays.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 22
Here is a table top control unit for the Z-Wave systems that Rick was displaying.

Attachments

• ZWaveDisplays.jpg
    ZWaveDisplays.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 22
Here is a table top control unit for the Z-Wave systems that Rick was displaying.

Attachments

• ZController.JPG
    ZController.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 21
Rick also had a large screen display showing off Windows Media Center and Homeseer's hook into it. This looked very nice. You navigate around these menu selections with a wireless "mouse" IR remote. The large buttons on the display looked like they would work well with most TV's.

Attachments

• WinMediaHS.JPG
    WinMediaHS.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 22
Wow! I can't wait to try integrate Homeseer into my Windows Media Center 2004 setup! That's great news!

Excellent pics, but instead of pics. Next time, send me air fare and a hotel room! hehehe

Excellent pics, but instead of pics. Next time, send me air fare and a hotel room!

Hi Spam:

Yes, this is one of the advantages of living in Las Vegas. I go to a lot of CES and Comdex shows. Actually it does get old after a while. You get tired of fighting the crowds, paying excessive parking, walking/standing forever (I have a weak back), etc...

So I just go for a little bit on one day and thats enough till next year. In my "younger" days I would go to these things for at least two FULL days.

I do have to say that the people over at the Homeseer booth were very friendly to talk to. They should give some lessons to the HAI booth across and down from them. Those people, including their "top" guru didn't want to give me the time of day and acted like it was such a hassle to spend any time giving me details of their product. Usually this attitude will show up during the third day or so of the show, but JEESH, the show was only THREE HOURS OLD!

Rick, of Homeseer on the other hand, already knew I had their product, yet spent a lot of time showing me their displays. I kind of felt bad that I was taking up a lot of his time because the show just started and they were getting a lot of traffic (people who did not have their product).

Also, just to mention last year I went on a Saturday and visited the Homeseer booth. The staff looked a little tired but still VERY friendly. Heck we even pulled up my HS Web Site on a computer they had there and they were looking at it and giving me some hints on it!

BSR, do you happen to have more pictures of the Windows Media Center homeseer plugin?

Thanks for that update BSR. My uncle lives about 15 minutes from the strip. Might just have to pull a visit during CES next year.. muahahahah!

Back