Charmed Quark Support forums down

If you aren't running the latest version of phpBB, then just shut the current board down. There are so many security holes, most webhosts ban phpBB now.

If you aren't running the latest version of phpBB, then just shut the current board down. There are so many security holes, most webhosts ban phpBB now.

Well, it's only a revision level back, but I think it might be one revision level back from what can be imported. But I could be wrong about that, and hopefully I am. I'll check it once I get to that point.

Dean Roddey said:
If you have the database connection information there is a script that will migrate phpbb to vBulletin.

You mean 'in situ' where it is on my current ISP's site?
There is a script called ImpEx (Import / Export) which does the migration job for you. You simply tell it where the source and desination db's are.

We're just about there. Tomorrow I'll probably pull the switch on the DNS changeover, as long as I don't blow something up in the meantime. Public/private FTP, e-mail, PHP, mySQL, web site, and bulletin board are up and going now. I've done an initial configuration of vB.

Tomorrow I'll do the 'lock down' phase of hardening the server, make sure nothing got broken during that, and then I'll start the DNS transfer, and open up the new site.

Good to hear :) I know this has been a pain for everyome but a major pain for you. Hats off to Dean for getting it done

Well the Mental Midgets of Ix finally restored our data, without even a comment on why it took so long or what the problem was or an appology or anything. Anyway, good riddance to them. I've locked the forum and exported the database. I'm importing it on the new machine now and I'll do the phpBB to vB conversion and see how that goes. I can afford to jus tgo for it since there's no old content on the new system to lose. So worst case I can just wipe it out and start over again.

Dean if you can post the IP for the new location once you start the DNS transfer we can access the website and forums before the DNS actually changes over eg;

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/forum/

If not the DNS change can take 24-72 hours sometimes..some will be able to access right away while others might have to wait longer for the nameservers to accept the change....thanks.

I cannot for the life of me get this stupid vBulletin import tool to work. I've gone through the steps like 5 times now. But when I select Import in the control panel, it asks for my customer number, then I get a blank screen. I went through all kinds of crap to get the old support forum database over, but I can't import it without getting this import tool to work.

I just get a blank white screen in the center info area of the CP. Obviously it's finding the files, since it asks me for the customer number. ANd if if move the impex directory somewhere else, I get a file not found error when I select Import. So it's clearly in the right place.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Dean check this thread in case you havent yet

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138991

"The most likely cause of this problem is that you did not upload the Impex files correctly. Reupload the vB Impex files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server."

**I basically searched vbulletin.com for "white screen+importing"

Hope this helps....I've had problems in the past with VBB when I didn't upload things in ASCII

Back