chat

yep, we had plenty of people on at the time you were posting, what kind of errors are you seeing?

I'm still getting errors. I am unable to connect to the server. Tried the java applet and mirc client at school, just tried the java and mozilla chat client at home :D

dunno if this helps. This is the output from the mozilla client
[INFO] Network view for “irc.marstracker.com†opened.
[INFO] Connecting to irc.marstracker.com via irc.marstracker.com:6667, attempt 1 of 5...
[ERROR] Connection to irc://irc.marstracker.com/ (irc://irc.marstracker.com/) closed with status 2152398868.

if you could get me the error mIRC gives, that would be great, it sounds like your school is blocking IRC tho.

have you tried connecting using IE? As much as I like Firefox, it definitely still has some issues, especially when it comes to plugin support, such as Java. mIRC will give you the real error, so if you can, try using mIRC if IE doesn't work either.

same errors with IE and mirc :)

Here's a chatzilla screen from my home computer...guess next thing to try is to connect computer directly to cable modem.

Attachments

• irc.jpg
    irc.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 41
C:\Documents and Settings\XXX>ping irc.marstracker.com

Pinging irc.marstracker.com [24.59.64.234] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 24.59.64.234:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
This could be my problem :)

Attached is the

Attachments

• irc.jpg
    irc.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 45
Sorry for the slow response, I never get notified when you post to this thread, odd.

You won't be able to ping my firewall :( How long does it take before you get that software abort message once you hit connect? That specific message usually only shows when something on your system is interfering with the connection.

Back