Convert your cordless phone into a Skype handset!

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Christoffer Järnåker posted a tutorial on his site showing how to convert a cordless phone into a wireless VoIP handset. Basically he figured out, by trial and error, how to hook up the base station to the microphone/headphone ports on your soundcard, so you don't have to sit in front of your computer and/or wear a silly headset. In this article, he shows how he uses it with Skype. Pretty cool!

Read the article

lol, it will work with whatever you use as well :lol: The guy used it with skype, I totally forgot about Skybum not liking Skype ;)

I'll start using skype right after you tell me that your 802.11 is open, and there is no worry in doing so.

P2P...Not me. :lol:

Hmmm, $20 to convert my second (unused) line on my Gigaset 2420 deskset (with wireless handhelds) so that I can make free long distance calls via MSMessenger...interesting.

Going one step further, why couldn't I use the handset to control Homeseer VR?

One step further, as my Gigaset is next to my desktop PC, and that is the PC where I would be invoking most VOiP phone calls, what if I used HS2.0 remote Speaker application from that PC to route VR to the Homeseer server...

So, from any Gigagset wireless handheld, I could switch to the second line and talk to Homeseer or take a VOiP phone call. Interesting.

Anybody got comment to the above before I drop yet another $20 on a new toy?

I can't see why this wouldn't work, VR is exactly what I was thinking of (since some people already use their phone for that anyways).

electron said:
I can't see why this wouldn't work, VR is exactly what I was thinking of (since some people already use their phone for that anyways).
Good find... bought it and plugged it in and it works like a charm for VR!! Anybody wanna buy a wireless mic!? :)

Back