CQC Version 1.3.10 Released

Actually, they are very HAL oriented, but they asked me to do this talk (and some other people), so I agreed. If I'm going to do it, I'd like people to know about it so that I won't end up sitting there by myself for 30 minutes and wasting time.

I'm sure that they are doing this to get exposure, since they know that those of us who are going to do the chats want to get some people to show up and therefore will talk about it in other places. But that's business I guess. I just know that I'm committed to do this thing and I'd like to actually have some folks show up.

If CocoonTech wants to do something similar, I'd be happy to do it and I'm sure I'd tell people I'm going to be doing it on other sites.

Hi Dean;

Thanks for the offer. Electron and I had vendors and reps from software and hardware companies in the past on our Friday night chats and all have liked the experience and they said they came away with a lot of valuable information on what users thought about their products and what enhancements they would like to see with future revisions.

I have seen your software grow in rich features and am also curious about it as well!

Let me chat with electron and see if we can start scheduling vendors for these type of discussions again!

Also please let us know how your chat session went on homeautomation.web.

Regards,

BSR

Some teaser pics showing off some of the upcoming media management stuff. These are from a work in progress on a customer's solution, so they aren't completed, but enough to show what's coming. The quality is pretty low to keep the load times down:

MediaOverlay.jpg

NowPlaying_Movie.jpg

NowPlaying_Music.jpg

A new CQC version 1.3.13 has been posted to the web site. This release is primarily designed to support the Alpha release of our new .Net Interface Viewer

The changes/fixes in this release are:
  • .Net Interface Viewer Alpha Support. This release contains the features required to support the Alpha release of the .Net Interface Viewer, which allows users to access CQC graphical interfaces on small handheld devices.
  • Sony Qualia 004 Projector Driver. A new driver is available for the high end Qualia 004 video projector. It uses the Qualia's Ethernet based control interface.
  • Runco VX-1000 Projector Driver. A new driver is available for the Runco VX-1000 DLP projector. This is a one way driver for now, i.e. no feedback, but it has all the necessary features for day to day control.
  • Sunset Scheduled Events. Sunset scheduled events could be rescheduled for the next day if the system is restarted near the scheduled time, so that today's sunset event would be skipped.
  • Z-Wave Driver Improvements. The initial Z-Wave driver became available in the previous CQC release. Based on feedback since then, some improvements have been made.
It is recommended that all users upgrade to this latest release, in order to get these bug fixes, so that you won't ever have to worry about being affected by them.

Here is a link to a discussion thread on the new .Net Interface Viewer on the support forum. See this thread for the latest information and links to the installer files and release notes.

We are having a little giveaway contest over on the CQC support forum, graciously provided by www.tech-home.com. It's open to anyone registered on the CQC support forum. Just post a response to this thread to the contest. Two weeks from now (the 21st), I'll do a random drawing an announce the winner. The goodies are Z-Wave stuff, see the thread for details.

For getting pretty pictures, we just use the PPC emulator, which is a developers tool that completely emulates the WinCE OS on the PC. If you look on the first page of this post, you'll see some caps of that sort. Then you can just take a literal capture of the PPC and the screen contents all at once.

Hey, it's not a biggie or anything, but I noticed that HAL and Homeseer links on this forum are highlighed items, but CQC, Charmed Quark, Main Lobby, and Cinemar are not. Is Cocoontech dis'in us? ;)

Ok, that's wierd, I've seen HAL highlighted in other threads, but in the post I did above, only Homeseer was highlighted.

Dean Roddey said:
Ok, that's wierd, I've seen HAL highlighted in other threads, but in the post I did above, only Homeseer was highlighted.
There is some complicated rule that determines whether they are highlighted or not. If you scroll around this thread, you will find places that HAL and CQC are highlighted.

Back