Daylight Savings Time Early This Year

BraveSirRobbin

I'm sure most Cocooners know this, but daylight savings time is in effect early this year so if your reading this post and have not adjusted your clock ahead one hour, your probably already late for something! :D

Also, if you own an Elk unit you may want to read Spanky's Post.

Thanks for the reminder.
I had mixed results today.
My Insteon 2414S and Ken Millers InHomeFree. Changed by itself. I did redownload the Sunrise/Sunset Table as it still look like the EST Times. Smarthome did say Timercoreapp12 was new DST enabled and it was.

My Smarthome 1132CU with Smarthome Manager Essentials. Didn't do any changes and I manually did it. My guess is in a few week I will have to reset it again. Sunrise and Sunsets didn't change even with a redownload.

VCRs don't want to go there at all. Manual reset on them for now.

let's see;

Download patches for two XP pro machines.
Manually change DST tables on two Win 2K machines.
Update Java for SageTV.
Manually set two autoconfigure S-VCRs that didn't get DST change. And turn off DST detection.
Set 3 wall clocks, 2 alarmclocks, 1 X10 PowerHouse Mini Timer.
Reprogram 1 micro-amp/tuner.
Reprogram 1 programable thermostat.
Adjust 2 automobile clocks,
Download patch for Blackberry.

Almost forgot: Microwave oven and 2 fax/printer/scanners

This is what happens when physics and politics mix :eek: :D

This is what happens when physics and politics mix
I feel for you. Same boat here, made worse by the fact that I'm traveling this weekend. I have 2 machines still running Win95 (older, underpowered, but still doing what I need them to do) that I will have to update when I get home. Ditto for the Panasonic phone system, HAI panel, etc. etc. etc..

I guess I could just leave everything alone and do conversions in my head.

For anyone in IT, this has been a huge headache. I'll be glad when all the fallout from the Y2K7 bug settles down.

Does anyone know how to fix WinNT4 machines? There is no way that I have found to change the time zone to PDT (pacific daylight time) from PST (pacific standard time). I'm scrounging the registry as I type, but nothing so far.

Temporarily, I just set the clock forward one hour, but that causes HomeSeer to turn on the lights an hour before sunset.

For Windows 2000, you just download the tzedit.exe program from MS and it takes like 5 seconds to do. Not sure if it would apply to NT or not. That's a seriously out of date OS at this point.

Dean Roddey said:
That's a seriously out of date OS at this point.
Out of date ? But I've only been running it for twelve years !

My servers are all still NT4, and it will cost over $8000 to update them. Coupled with the loss in security a newer OS would bring, I will run them until they die, or I replace them with Linux boxes, whichever come last.

I will try both E's and Dean's suggestions later tonight.

rocco said:
Dean Roddey said:
That's a seriously out of date OS at this point.
Out of date ? But I've only been running it for twelve years !

My servers are all still NT4, and it will cost over $8000 to update them. Coupled with the loss in security a newer OS would bring, I will run them until they die, or I replace them with Linux boxes, whichever come last.
You go rocco!!!

After all "NT" stands for "NEW Technology". How can a product name like that ever go out of style?? :) It's sort of like wearing sandals! :huh:

Not to steal the thread...

I agree with Dean, why on earth would you fix something that isn't broken? So long as you don't think it is a security risk I run PC's until they die with whatever OS they shipped with. I have a room full of PC's and can't recall (re)installing an OS on any of them (restored RAID drives a few times...). They get the new service packs but not OS's.

Chuck

if CCT posts are showing 1 hour behind (like they were for me), go into your CP and check the box for DST.

Back