Diginet site name.

cici235

In the DigiNet Center manual (v4.100) page 19 it asks for a sight code and a sight name. I understand the Sight Code (default is 100-001). What is the Sight Name? In there example it is “Kang-Nam”. Is this the DigiNet Sites computers name. I see nothing of it mentioned in the DigiNet Site manual. It only addresses the Sight Code.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a very stable system just having a horrible time getting the remote portion of the software to work. If there is anyone using DigiNet Center and is willing to try to view my cameras remotely I would sure appreciate any assistance. I have DSL and am not using a router. I will deal with port forwarding after I figure out the simple stuff.

Thanks

In the DigiNet Center manual (v4.100) page 19 it asks for a sight code and a sight name. I understand the Sight Code (default is 100-001). What is the Sight Name? In there example it is “Kang-Nam”. Is this the DigiNet Sites computers name. I see nothing of it mentioned in the DigiNet Site manual. It only addresses the Sight Code.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a very stable system just having a horrible time getting the remote portion of the software to work. If there is anyone using DigiNet Center and is willing to try to view my cameras remotely I would sure appreciate any assistance. I have DSL and am not using a router. I will deal with port forwarding after I figure out the simple stuff.

Thanks

It is just a name tag, does not matter what you make it. But something like camserv is perfect. It just compares the name & code to make sure you know what you are connecting to.

so keep it simple, match name, code and password, setup your port forwarding and match the PDA or remote versions of the software with your site... and you should be golden. Not sure on password limitations on the modem screen. I've been using 4 digit though.

Vaughn

Vaughn

Back