dimmable PAR30 red LED floodlight bulbs off eBay

MikeB

Purchased a few red PAR30 LED floodlights off eBay for my Halloween light show, and have been very pleased with them. Sold by vendor 'idirectmartstore', and they're very reasonably priced ($10 each including shipping).

I hear mixed results when trying to dim LEDs, but these seem to dim well. Check out a demo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo53m4UqI58

This is the LED attached to an Insteon LampLinc and controlled by an Insteon RemoteLinc. Note that there is still a faint glow to the LED when off, but not enough to stop me from using them. You should be able to eliminate this glow by adding another load to the LampLinc.

Dimming capabilities are actually pretty good, better than I expected. Not much range on the high-end - you can see it seems to react slowly to my RemoteLinc, but in actuality it's just not dimming well at first. Ramp rate was set to 4.5 seconds. Range on the low-end is very good.

Vendor rates these bulbs at 4.2W, but it shows as 1 watt on my Kill-A-Watt at full brightness. I haven't run any long-term KWh tests. It might just be a false reading. Either way, VERY low power.

I purchased some of his blue bulbs as well, and hope to have them in today.

Thanks for posting about this, I was actually trying to figure out how well these floodlights would work. Do you know what the light output of these bulbs are?

Thanks for posting about this, I was actually trying to figure out how well these floodlights would work. Do you know what the light output of these bulbs are?

I can't say for certain. It's hard to quantify because I don't have anything to compare it to fairly. It's a 90 LED bulb.

It's replacing a 85W PAR30 red floodlight from Walmart ($7 or so). It doesn't have the light output of the Walmart bulb, but it's a bit more focused. If I had to make a guess, by my eyes in a dark room I'd say it has 70% of the light output. But for my use it's a relatively equal replacement.

Back