dimming an insteon group??

I know for all the houses I break into I send an ALL OFF command then put a 120kHz jammer on the line.

With garage door and gate latch controls it becomes more interesting.
;)

I think I would want to hack into someone else's lighting system and turn on their lights all of the time and run up their electric bill higher than mine so I feel better. ;)

I think the reason that SH put the security capability in was in case anyone ever decided to use the Insteon technology in something else like a door strike, appliance etc. I dont see that happening since I havent heard of anyone using the Insteon but them.

The white paper and their media releases made it sound like every toaster will someday have Insteon. Maybe they meant someday every Insteon device will be a toaster???? Ok that was below the belt. For all of the problems I am having I admit the concept is great if they can get it ot work reliably.

I don't mind if my idiot neighbors turn my lights off, but if they burn my toast then it'll be war!

Actually though, at the webinar they went over all the versions of their new Power Line Modem. Besides the wall wart, they will be selling it in circuit board and chip form with the hopes manufactures will install them in everything. I haven't seen a PLM yet, but it will memory space for a link table.

Back