Display on my HiFi2 keypads not working on any of them.

tech247

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this the right spot for this. I did try to ask on a previous thread and I apologize in advance if there are any double posts.

I'm in the same boat as @IAMALWAYSWRITE. I started installing my Hi-Fi2 and other HAI components 10 years ago when I first built my house. Unfortunately, life (wife and kids) got in the way and I put some of these projects off to the side. On a whim, I decided to cleanup my network closet. 90% of the Hi-Fi2 system was installed, just the wires needed to be terminated into the amp. As soon as I turned it on I only had the status LED and network lights illuminate. None of the VSC's would turn. After a day of playing around, I was able to configure the unit and get it to turn on and play audio from different sources to multiple zones. I'm able to control the zones through the iPhone app but the VSC's still don't display anything. If I press any of the buttons, on the VSC, it only controls the first zone. I downgraded the firmware to 1.0 from 1.10, which made made it worst and the VSC's didn't work at all. Then updated to 1.11. The VSC buttons work again but still nothing on the screen. I'm using Hi-Fi 2 Setup Utility Version 1.0.0.15. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will also try to reach out to @pete_c to see if he still has the latest version 1.13 and if that would help.

Thanks

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this the right spot for this. I did try to ask on a previous thread and I apologize in advance if there are any double posts.

I'm in the same boat as @IAMALWAYSWRITE. I started installing my Hi-Fi2 and other HAI components 10 years ago when I first built my house. Unfortunately, life (wife and kids) got in the way and I put some of these projects off to the side. On a whim, I decided to cleanup my network closet. 90% of the Hi-Fi2 system was installed, just the wires needed to be terminated into the amp. As soon as I turned it on I only had the status LED and network lights illuminate. None of the VSC's would turn. After a day of playing around, I was able to configure the unit and get it to turn on and play audio from different sources to multiple zones. I'm able to control the zones through the iPhone app but the VSC's still don't display anything. If I press any of the buttons, on the VSC, it only controls the first zone. I downgraded the firmware to 1.0 from 1.10, which made made it worst and the VSC's didn't work at all. Then updated to 1.11. The VSC buttons work again but still nothing on the screen. I'm using Hi-Fi 2 Setup Utility Version 1.0.0.15. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will also try to reach out to @pete_c to see if he still has the latest version 1.13 and if that would help.

Thanks

Link download under comment YouTube video:

Does anybody know where I can find the Hi-Fi2 Setup Utility .exe file? The Hi-Fi 2 website has been taken down.

Back