Distributed HDTV to Different Resolution Tv's

Smarty

I have a central computer system that outputs component video to a component distribution/amplifier block. All the TV's in the house have multiple runs of RG6 coming to them for the component video and L/R Audio (5 home runs).

Presently, all my TV's are the 720p/1080i units....(I figured that was the best OTA and cablebox HD signal I could get anyway - I have no plans for BlueRay). My computer output (which is 1024X768) looks well on all TV's (a little is cropped off, but not unacceptable).

I want to buy a new/bigger TV for the bedroom, but the only type that I like (LG brand with serial control) are only offered at 1080p resolution. So, here is my question:

If I get a single 1080p TV for the bedroom, will it be able to show my 1024x768 component distributed video and look ok (ie use the full screen of the TV just as it did with the original lower resolution TV set). I think the answer is yes, but I would like to get some reassurance.

Thanks.

I short answer should be yes. The native resolution of the TV might be 1080p (although I would be surprised to be honest - but I haven't looked at TVs in a while). But the TV has a long list of acceptable resolutions. If the input resolution is different from the native resolution, then the internal scaler of the TV will change the resolution to the native one. The exact same thing is currently going on with your other TVs as well.

So to be sure, just double check the specs of the LG TV and make sure that 1024x768 is an acceptable resolution.

Which LG model is it and I can check as well.

Back