DLX900 Programming Issue for NX-8e Output Expander

orrinc

I have an NX-8e with an NX507 Output Expander, and I'm trying to program it so a relay closes when the garage door opens. I'm using DLX900 program to program Event Code 42 (Any Zone Faulted) for Wireless Zone 43 (Garage Door), but nothing happens!

When the Garage Door opens, I hear a chime and get a message of a Garage Door fault on Zone 43, so I know that part works, and if I change the Event Code from 42 to #46 (Key Fob Function 1), the relay activates, so I know that part works!

I'm wondering if the Event Code 42 is correct, but that's what all of my manuals show . . .

Does anyone have a clue what else to look for?

Thanks!dlx900.jpg

I haven't programmed a DL900 with a Caddx Nx8E in over 20 years, but I think you have to create an "action". Look at the last few pages of THIS manual.

Maybe try event code 24 "not ready" instead of 42?

Sorry if this didn't help much. At one time, there was a tutor on the DL900 available, but links to that on posts here were no longer valid.

Last edited:
Thanks! That manual refers to a different panel that also uses DLX900, but doesn't really match the options on the NX-8e. I will try code 24 and see what happens . . . I still can't figure out why this won't work!

Back