Downtime

electron

Administrator
Staff member
As you may or may not have noticed, CocoonTech.com was unreachable for 24 hours. Hurricane Wilma knocked out power in FL to over 6 million people, including the huge Verio datacenter, where CocoonTech.com is hosted. Now you are probably asking why a company such as theirs lost power, since they should have plenty of redundancy. Well it looks like some fuel pumps failed, which is probably one of the few parts which isn't redundant in their setup (damn Murphy). It's good to be back!

Verio network status page:
http://www.verio.com/support/files/networkstatus.cfm

Thanks! Looks like Verio had another issue with the generators yesterday, so we went down again until this morning. While we are still on backup power, I assume they have figured out the issues, and things should be stable.

Can't..............survive..............long.........................

Need..................Cocoontech....................................fix

Homeseer.........................forum ..................poor......................substitute!

IT's back! Ahhhh! :blink:

Isn't this what power over ethernet (POE) is for? When their generators go down, we all just connect 9V batteries to our network cables. With enough members contributing, we should be able to bring them back on line.

If you want me to wheel my generator up there let me know. They are about 20 min away.

Looks like they figured out the problem, plus FPL restored power, so we should be good. Thanks for the offers tho :blink:

Back