DSC PC1616 pgm outputs not doing what I think they should

apostolakisl

Can't get my unit at the office to do what I want.  I have a relay connected to the PGM 2 output which powers a water shut off valve.  I want the output to turn on when armed away (which causes the valve to close).  But, when coded as I believe it should, it turns the relay on for both armed stay and away.

*8, my code, 009, 00 17 => turns the output on for both armed stay and away, while the directions would lead me to be believe that it should turn on with armed away only.
*8, my code, 009, 00 18 => doesn't turn the output on at all with either armed away or stay.  The directions would lead me to believe that it should activate when armed stay.

Am I missing something or is it just that the directions are wrong.

Thanks.

Do you have the relay connected properly for use with the PGM outputs? 

The PGM outputs are open collector, and when they activate, the output is driven to 0 volts (GND).  Thus, if you want to relay to turn on when the system is armed/away, you need to wire one relay terminal to +V and the other relay terminal to the PGM 2 output.  If you wire the relay to PGM 2 and GND, it won't work the way you want.

Yes, it is wired correctly.  It wouldn't turn on/off at all if it weren't.  Plus, it is wired as you say, positive lead to the auxiliary power and negative to pgm2.

Back