DSC pc1832 Entry Delay Issue

apostolakisl

My panel had a battery go bad and it did something weird and the panel went completely berzerk.  After rebooting it with a new battery, for whatever reason it would not give me the ready to arm despite all the zones being ready to arm.  Finally, I factory reset it and started over.  Now I have a new bizarre issue.  Two of my entry doors (out of 4) sound the siren during the entry delay.  It is not actually in alarm state, it is in entry delay state (ie it is not calling central station and my envisalink is not reporting alarming, and I don't get any alarm memory).  The keypad is also correctly whining during this time.  As soon as you hit the first number, both the siren and entry delay keypad whine stop (as is normally the case for the entry delay whining, but here the siren is included).  I can't figure out what, if anything, will fix this.  I have tried toggling the zone type around to other things and then back.  It does it both as a zone 01 and 02 type (entry delay 1 and 2).  I have tried changing the entry time to other times as well.  If I set the zone to a non-burglar type zone it doesn't trigger the siren when violated while armed.  Anyone ever heard of this or have any ideas?

After some google searches I came across the solution
Section [013] Option [6].  Turn it off.

Also, turns out my power supply was bad. Started having trouble again with a second new battery. So I made the crazy assumption that I wasn't repeatedly getting bad batteries and replaced the power supply. Now it is all working.

Glad you found the problem.  When I originally read your first post, the Audible Exit Fault was the only thing I could think of that might cause the siren to sound.  But you said this happens during the entry delay, and that made me think it couldn't be an exit fault problem. But perhaps you were re-entering the house too soon during the exit delay.

RAL said:
Glad you found the problem.  When I originally read your first post, the Audible Exit Fault was the only thing I could think of that might cause the siren to sound.  But you said this happens during the entry delay, and that made me think it couldn't be an exit fault problem. But perhaps you were re-entering the house too soon during the exit delay.
Per another website, there is a bug that involves this setting.  In some cases it is not doing what it is supposed to do.  I actually don't really know what it is supposed to do, started to look at it, then decided I didn't give a #### . . . had no need for it whatever it is.  I might try toggling it back on to see if that cleared something.  But again, I don't really know what it does when on and am pretty sure I don't need it.  It was on only because on is default.  When it was on, it was as though the siren were the entry delay warning sound.  And then the siren continues on after the system goes into alarm as the proper alarm siren.  The siren also sounded when in alarm from other sources of alarm, as it is intended.

Back