Dual Counter Giving Extra Counts

knarfm

I recently purchased a Dual Counter and the counters are incrementing by themselves. There is nothing connected to the 5v or the A and B terminals. (they do work when I want them to) If I leave it set overnight it registers thousands of counts above the reading from the previous day. It is not moisture either the counter is nice and dry. Are there any suggestions?

Also, what would happen if I temporarily removed the battery? Would it reset the counters?

I recently purchased a Dual Counter and the counters are incrementing by themselves. There is nothing connected to the 5v or the A and B terminals. (they do work when I want them to) If I leave it set overnight it registers thousands of counts above the reading from the previous day. It is not moisture either the counter is nice and dry. Are there any suggestions?

Also, what would happen if I temporarily removed the battery? Would it reset the counters?

Where is the counter located? It may be picking up electrical noise that is causing the counts.

Yes, if you remove the battery it will reset the counter.

Eric

Where is the counter located? It may be picking up electrical noise that is causing the counts.

Yes, if you remove the battery it will reset the counter.

Eric

Eric,

It is in the basement now above the water meter. This is a small cinderblock room with a concrete ceiling that houses the oil tank. It is mounted in a case with a very low powered analog to digital converter and its reading pulses from the water meter. It did do it before when it was on the workbench without the A/D converter nearby.

Thanks,
Frank

Back