Dual Counter via owfs - Invalid Argument

Hi,

I'm slowly setting up a 1-wire system using owfs.

Temp, humidity and pressure are reading fine. I'm also reading a value I can interpret as a direction using an Inspeed e_Vane attached in place of the humidity chip on a T/H/S board.

The problem has come up now I have started to add in windspeed using an Inspeed Vortex connected to the HB Dual Counter board.

Counters A & B are jumpered together.
Counter A and +5V are connected to the Inspeed Vortex.
DQ goes to the DQ connector on a temp/hum/solar board
GND goes to the GND connector on a temp/hum/solar board

OWFS can "see" the DS2423, but counters.A gives a response of "Invalid Argument".

If (as suggested by Eric in this post ) I use OneWireViewer and go to the Memory page, I see the following in the status bar.
com.dalsemi.onewire.adapoer.OneWireIOException: Invalid CRC 16 read from device

Any ideas or suggestions.

Sometimes the DS2423 is a bit picky about the 1-Wire network layout. Can you try connecting just the counter to the network and see if the problem still exists.

Eric

Sometimes the DS2423 is a bit picky about the 1-Wire network layout. Can you try connecting just the counter to the network and see if the problem still exists.
Thanks for the suggestion.
The problem still exists with the layout reduced to just the USB adapter, the e-Vane (humidity) board and the dual counter board wired to the screw down connector on the e-Vane board.

I'll see what happens with just a lead between the USB adapter and the counter board.

I'll see what happens with just a lead between the USB adapter and the counter board.
Still the same (i.e. "com.dalsemi.onewire.adapoer.OneWireIOException: Invalid CRC 16 read from device") even with the 1-wire layout reduced to the USB adapter an RJ12 plug, a couple of inches of UTP and the Dual Counter.

David

Still the same (i.e. "com.dalsemi.onewire.adapoer.OneWireIOException: Invalid CRC 16 read from device") even with the 1-wire layout reduced to the USB adapter an RJ12 plug, a couple of inches of UTP and the Dual Counter.

David

Is the Vortex still connected to the counter? If so remove it and try again. If it still doesn't work shoot me an email at support @ hobby-boards.com with your order number and we will get you taken care of.

Eric

Is the Vortex still connected to the counter? If so remove it and try again. If it still doesn't work shoot me an email at support @ hobby-boards.com with your order number and we will get you taken care of.
Vortex was still connected.
I've tried again with that disconnected (and the A-B jumper removed). Still the same. I'll drop you an e-mail.

David

Back