Dual tuners in Vista Media Center

mdonovan

I want to set up another tuner for my HTPC to use. I have 2 DirecTV boxes to use, but they are different boxes from different manufacturers. Can I use them with VMC? The only info I could find said you can use 2 different model boxes from the same manufacturer, but nobody says if you can use boxes from different manufacturers.

So, is anyone using 2 boxes from different manufacturers in Vista Media Center?

Thanks

Matt

I want to set up another tuner for my HTPC to use. I have 2 DirecTV boxes to use, but they are different boxes from different manufacturers. Can I use them with VMC? The only info I could find said you can use 2 different model boxes from the same manufacturer, but nobody says if you can use boxes from different manufacturers.

Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt,

Hate to break your bubble, but Windows Media Center doesn't support DirecTV at all. I went down this route a little while ago with wishful thinking and found out there was a product in the works from DirecTV that never came through to fruition. You're stuck with over the air or cable TV with a cable card... nice thing with this solution is you can record up to 4 channels at once with 1 card.

You can use Hauppauge HDPVR with DVBLink for HDPVR, or with the native Hauppauge Media Center drivers, check DVBLogic forums or thegreenbutton forums

Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt,

Hate to break your bubble, but Windows Media Center doesn't support DirecTV at all. I went down this route a little while ago with wishful thinking and found out there was a product in the works from DirecTV that never came through to fruition. You're stuck with over the air or cable TV with a cable card... nice thing with this solution is you can record up to 4 channels at once with 1 card.

I'm using it with DirecTV now with no problem, except I only have one box attached. The analog outputs on the box go into a TV card in my HTPC and I watch it on TV. I just can't record something while I watch something else.

Matt

Back