EHExpo - group dinner?

WayneW

The biggest annual US Home Automation show is coming soon. Who is going to be there? Anybody interested in a group dinner?

http://www.ehxweb.com/

Free registration for the Expo, Thursday-Saturday, is available until 02/09/2007.

Since Cinemar's and Automated Outlet's booths are across the aisle from each other, that would be a good meeting spot.

It's official. I am going this year. I already have my Non-Refundable round trip tickets booked. I will arrive early on the 8th and my flight out is early on the 11th. So if we did a group dinner then after the show on the 10th is probably the best time for me. I am bringing my wife.

I still need to get a Hotel and Car. So if any of you already have a hotel booked and want some extra company then let me know where you are staying and I see if they have rooms available still.

I am very excited.

Funny Story/Sad Story,

My father recently moved to canada and had a baby. I did not know it at the time I booked my flight but he is planning to bring his baby here on March 10th to have him baptised. Two minutes after I booked the flight is when he called to tell me. Whew! I nearly missed EHX again this year. I have been trying to go for 3 years now and something is always in the way. Not this time tho. I feel bad for standing up my father because it was our idea for him to have a second baptism ceremony here in the states. Not much I can do now tho. I am not missing my flight to FL this year.

DavidL said:
Since Cinemar's and Automated Outlet's booths are across the aisle from each other, that would be a good meeting spot.
I was thinking of something more personal like a quiet dinner. But in the middle of the crazzy show floor is just as good for me also.

I just booked my Hotel. I will be staying at the Clarion. It has a nice(from looking at the pictures) resturant inside. Not saying that we should make that the dinner spot. I just thought I would through it out there if anyone else is looking for a nice hotel. I got it off orbitz for $79/night for a king size bed.

I am so excited about this trip. I know Digital cameras are allowed but are video cameras allowed?

Where did you guys have in mind for dinner?

Now all that I have left to do is reserve a car and I will be set. Oh, and I still need to find someone to watch the kids but thats a minor detail. ;)

Spanky said:
Try to avoid the awards banquet night.
Getting an award? ;)

The awards dinner is Friday night at 6. I suspect the dinner won't be done before the Bruce Hornsby concert starts around 8.

Here is the current list (11):

WayneW (Wayne)
Steve
DavidL (Cinemar)
Squintz
Spanky (Elk)
Martin (AutomatedOutlet)
dhoward (PowerHome)
mrkenzie
lpott (Larry in Denver)
opie (Soctt)
petec

I'll be there again this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I arrive late Wednesday and leave early Sunday.

Back