EHX Show news?

fleetz

Anyone heard of any interesting scutlebutt from EHX.

Interested is hearing what ELK released there in particular. Spanky has been like the proverbial stripper for the last coule of months, teasing, giving brief glimpses and being very suggestive. ;) Just wondering what he and ELK eventually unveiled at EHX?......hope he kept his gear on thou!!!.... :D

I have not seen any running commentaries on EHX on the web has anyone else?

Cheers,

Fleetz

I will let Spanky officially announce anything but I will let you know a few things I saw on display in the Elk booth. First, they showed an automated water valve similar to the water cop. It goes on the main line and is activated by contact closure (several required to close it fully). It has a very powerful motor so it really closes when you need it.

Another thing in development is a desk/table mounted 8.4" touch screen. It is a nice bright screen with a more powerful processor in an angled case perfect for a table or nightstand.

The Russound integration is about done and looks really good. It also includes cover art. Nuvo integration should be next.

And as you all know the access module (weigand and 1-wire module) is being worked on and the RF module is nearing production.

Elk also mentioned the idea of an M2 but they said it will be a long time before we see that.

The also had a touchscreen encased in a wood box which was painted or stained and it was to be used as a table top. It was only a concept item that they were trying to get feedback on. My wife loved it.

They are coming out with a more powerful touchscreen??? Will it still run CE? Do they offer upgrades lol.

There really was not much detail, it was just a prototype on display. The model shown had an angled wood case, an 8.4" resistive screen and a wifi processor module. I'm sure Elk will release more details.

Got back from the EHX show this morning about 1 AM. Major flight delays out of Orlando.

The EHX show this year was a great show, at least for ELK. We stayed busy the entire show with a lot of interest. As our president said "It looks like the automation industry has finally reached the tipping point".

It was great to meet all the Cocoonteches at the show. I got dragged away on a business meeting and did not get to attend the dinner. Bummer!

Got to talk with the guys at the Automated Outlet booth and was accused of things that are totally untrue about the night before. LOL!!

Touchscreens are the rage now. It seems that the touchscreen draws the customers into the booth and then they are dazzled with what you can do with it. The EHX and CEDIA crowd are willing to spend money to do the job right, where as the traditional security installer crowd wants everything for less than $100. The ISC show in Las Vegas at the end of March will be the security crowd.

New items that were showing at the ELK booth were:
M1XRF 144 zone wireless receiver,
M1KPAS, decora plate arming station,
ELKRM Remote Management Software with Russound CAV or CAM 6.6 interface which includes the Russound Media server and IPOD Bridge.
Wholehouse, 12VDC, 1 inch coupling, water cutoff valve controlled from the M1 or any 12VDC trigger.
New M1 software upgrade.
Table top, wooden box touchscreen concept. We had windows CE loaded in it, but it will run XP mobile. It has built in WiFi.
We were showing a Samsung Q1 UMPC and Dell Axiom PDA running ELKRM software as capability demonstrations.

There were a great many Media Servers at this show as compared to years before. That looks like a future strong trend.

Another great show to attend for automation is the CEDIA show in September at Indianapolis.

Got to talk with the guys at the Automated Outlet booth and was accused of things that are totally untrue about the night before. LOL!!

You just don't remember

No one took any pictures to post of the new devices?

Sounds like someone should have taken pictures of the night before :D

What goes on at EHX stays at EHX.

Sounds like someone should have taken pictures of the night before

Maybe if Martin had taken pics he could get a bigger discount on his ELK merchandise :D

Spanky is going to kill me for teasing him. Good thing hes such a nice guy!

Spanky no mention of 1 Wire .......is that another thing you left in Orlando!? :D ..............or is Steve the teaser now? :eek:

We did not show the M1KAM Access module that has one wire. It is coming if we can get it through Aussie Production.

Spanky said:
Another great show to attend for automation is the CEDIA show in September at Indianapolis.
Um, Denver for two more years, I believe...correct me if that's changed.

Back