ELK CAD Drawings

rfdesq

Anyone know if CAD drawings exist of ELK products. Keypads, enclosures, sirens, speakers, etc.

If any exist, it won't be coming out of Elk. Too much information that too many people would like to have.

If any exist, it won't be coming out of Elk. Too much information that too many people would like to have.
You mean product measurements are now considered trade secrets? Many companies offer CAD or Visio objects for their products to speed proposals and documentation.

I am doing 2D and 3D renderings for several projects I am designing. I don't want or need any schematics. I want objects only. When I place a keypad on a wall I want it to look like an ELK keypad not a rectangle with the letters KP inside. I also want an ELK enclosure, siren enclosure, etc., so the homeowner can see what it will actually look like. No trade secrets just really nice presentations.

I don't know if its exactly what you are looking for but I remember that Paul Koslowsky did some scale images of Elk products. You can find them here.

OK, Visio icons is what you want. I thought you were referring to production CAD drawings. ELK still does not have any Visio icons, but a good idea.

Thanks everyone. I guess for now the security side of my presentations will be pretty dull. But the Kohler toilets will look terrific :) .

OK, Visio icons is what you want. I thought you were referring to production CAD drawings. ELK still does not have any Visio icons, but a good idea.
This could be really useful when planning out your Elk installation to see if everything will fit nicely in a single 28" cabinet or if you need to plan on spreading it out between two or more cabinets. Also if someone took the time to layout all the wire connections in order with labels you could use the Visio layout to help trace wires at the panel.

The Pod

This could be really useful when planning out your Elk installation to see if everything will fit nicely in a single 28" cabinet or if you need to plan on spreading it out between two or more cabinets...

I currently do this but I only made blank shapes to scale. They aren't nice enough to show to clients but it's a nice map on the jobsite and becomes part of the system documentation.

I wasn't kidding about the Kohler toilet. I'm still learning Vectorworks. But, it seems for appliances, toilets, etc., the major manufacturers all have real life objects for their product line. It would sure be nice to show an ELK touchscreen on the wall at the correct height.

visio stencils are GREAT for customer presentations. Like what was posted, a super tool to see what fits in a can and how to lay it out. On-q offers there products via download. I assumed all manufacturers did this.

http://www.onqlegrand.com/jahia/Jahia/pid/2040 You may have to be logged in as a builder to view them. THEY ROCK! Great tool no doubt.

Elk, you really really need to offer this.

I would post a pic my my stencilled can but I havent figured out how to do that yet.

visio stencils are GREAT for customer presentations. Like what was posted, a super tool to see what fits in a can and how to lay it out. On-q offers there products via download. I assumed all manufacturers did this.

http://www.onqlegrand.com/jahia/Jahia/pid/2040 You may have to be logged in as a builder to view them. THEY ROCK! Great tool no doubt.

Elk, you really really need to offer this.

I would post a pic my my stencilled can but I havent figured out how to do that yet.

Good point! This is one of the reasons I standardized on On-Q. The scaled panel drawings really make a documentation package look more professional.

opie, its one of the MANY reasons i like on-q. cant wait to post pics of my cans. then folks will understand how clean on-q is.

luck to us.

Back