ELK cans and m1xin boards

v1rtu0s1ty

Since I will be putting expander in each floor, the best place I found before for the location is in the hallway linen closet. I think, we will seldomly use it. Anyways, how much inches does the ELK can protrude/stick out?What about the expander, how much inches does it stick out? Or is it leveled as the drywall? And do we have an option of covering this can and with a lock?

There are a lot of ways you can do this.

In my house, one of my remote expansions I screwed an Elk mounting plate onto the wall, I used the board spacers that are included with the mounting plate, and attached the board. It only sticks out about an inch or so.

For another expansion in a different oart of the house, I have them in a secondary can. If you surface mount the can, it's about 4 inches or so. In that can, you could also mount the board with the included rails.

AutomatedOutlet said:
There are a lot of ways you can do this.

In my house, one of my remote expansions I screwed an Elk mounting plate onto the wall, I used the board spacers that are included with the mounting plate, and attached the board. It only sticks out about an inch or so.

For another expansion in a different oart of the house, I have them in a secondary can. If you surface mount the can, it's about 4 inches or so. In that can, you could also mount the board with the included rails.
Mine doesn't have a drywall yet. That means, it would be inside the studs then. It will only stick out a little right?

So for the location where I will mount the ELK CAN for the M1XIN expander in each floor, I shouldn't use a gang box right?

AutomatedOutlet said:
Right, if you are using a can, you don't need a gang box.
Ok, I will just make some measurements from floor and sides so that once I move in to the house, I know where to make a hole. Thanks.

Back