Elk Install, x10 lighting control through M1XSP

smolino

I'm installing a M1G and need to control some X10 devices. In my other Elk system, I use a PSC05 power line interface unit plugged directly into the Elk.
As the PSC05 is no longer available, I was thinking of connecting an M1XSP (flashed with the Insteon firmware)  to a Smarthome PowerLinc Modem. The Elk M1XSP documentation refers to model 2412S, which also appears to be no longer available.

Is the Powerlinc 2413S tranparently compatible with the 2412S as far as X10 and the M1G is concerned?
Any Gotcha's with this approach?
Any other direct way to control X10 from the Elk?

Yes the 2413S is the replacement for the older 2412S.
Differences are the 2413S is dual band {has Insteon RF and power line} and does not have the raw +12 volts on the interface connector.

JV Digital Engineerings  XTB-523, TW523/PSC05 replacement interface should be fine and I have found their devices well made.
I use their XTB-IIR repeater coupler and it beats every other repeater coupler I have seen.
Their XTBM test meter is also good.

Thanks.
I was aware of the XTB-523 and am considering purchasing it. I already have an M1XSP and Smarthome 2413S, originally intending to use both for other purposes so I thought I might try them for X10 control. I guess I'll flash the 2413S with the Insteon firmware and give it a try, if it works, great, if not, I'll head in the XTB-523 direction.

Later...

I flashed the 2413S with the Insteon firmware and connected it to the M1XSP and I can't really get it to work. As I send X10 commands every once in a while the command will execute on the device but most commands are not executed. The jumpers on the M1XSP are: S1=1, S2=1, S3=1, S4=N/A, S5=1, S6=1, S7=0, S8=1

Any thoughts?

Back