ELK KP1 Lost Comm

skip3

Hi all, newbie here...  I know this is a common issue and I have read all the related posts I can find on this forum and others but I am still having an issue and I am really hoping you can help me troubleshoot... please!

Long story short, I bought the M1G setup about a year ago and after reading all the manuals I benched tested my setup (M1G, M1KP, M1XEP, ELK RP, M1XRF2H and M1DBH) and all worked fine. A year later I finally got around to breaking it down and installing it.

Every time I try to enroll the KP I get the Lost Comm. error which is I assume preventing it from recognizing the M1XRF2H wireless receiver (J1 and J2, respectively, on the M1DBH).  So I have systematically stripped off the XRF2H, the XEP and the DBH trying to enroll the KP again at each step with the same error each time. 

The way it stands now, all modules have been removed and I have the M1KP wired directly to the RS-485 DATA BUS using the green connector block and the 6pin wire harness that came with the M1KP; I have JP3 terminated on the panel as well as the KP terminated... and still, the same error! 

Please help.  What else can I try to find what is causing this?

Thank you in advance.

Ultimately I have plans to integrate this with my ISY0994i setup (already in place).

Thanks JP, you were 100% right.  I put everything back together, ignored the lost comm message and traced the problem to a faulty RJ-45 connector for the wireless receiver.  I thought that the lost comm message during keypad enrollment was related to the keypad and thus preventing me from enrolling the next module in line which was the wireless receiver.  But, like I said, turned out keypad was enrolling fine and the message related to the bad connection between the XRF2H wireless receiver and the M1DBH hub.

Thanks again!

Moving forward again now.

Back