Elk M1 / ISY994i Integration not working

timekiller

Hello!
I am very new to this forums (first post)! I have have an ISY for about 2 years. I got the ELK M1 panel last week and I've been working to get everything setup. Last night I tried getting the 2 devices working together.

I have followed the steps outlined in the Elk training video at youtube.com/watch?v=48rARCW7cYI

I am at the point where I have the ISY talking to the Elk (non secure, port 2101 which I'd like to correct, but that's another topic). I know this is connected by the new "Arm" buttons at the top of the ISY admin console.

I have exported my devices to an XML file which I then imported into the Elk through ElkRP2. I have my list of devices in the Elk, and per the training video I tried to confirm this works by controlling a light at the keypad. I browsed to a light I could see from the keypad and hit '#' to change it. The keypad indicated it was changed, but the light did not come on. I tried several other lights and got the same results. According to the Elk they come on, but in reality nothing happens.

Some answers to obvious questions:

Yes I 'Saved' and 'Sent to controller' for everything I needed to.

Yes the lights can be controller by the ISY (tested)

No I do not have the ISY Elk module (will probably purchase it at some point, but for now I'm writing rules in the Elk). According to everything I've seen the Elk module is not necessary for what I'm doing.

My ISY is on firmware 5.0.8 (Yes I know this is experimental, but I need it so I can talk to my Nest thermostats (Don't get me started on THAT). According to the ISY forums none of the Elk code has changed in the 5.X firmware, so this shouldn't be a factor.

Elk system is M1G, Hardware Version 0.13, Boot Version 3.3.6, Firmware Version 5.3.10.

M1XEP Hardware Version 1.0, Boot Version 2.0.4, Firmware Version 2.0.42

Any help is appreciated!

Posting the solution in case anyone else needs it:

Open ElkRP and go to the Globals page. Go to the G29-G42 (Special) tab and make sure all  checkboxes are checked under "Serial Port 0 Transmit Options"

Power cycle the Elk and the ISY. Close ElkRP.

Done.

Back