Elk M1/ISY994i/M1 Touch

Mridixon

Recently I installed the M1 and I did have some issue not related to the panel but with contacts to the windows so I was already a little unraveled. As far as hardware was concerned the M1XEP was recognized by the M1 and I was pretty happy. The retrofit data hub seemed to be working also so I gained a little more confidence. So then I went to my ISY and bang, I was able to see it in my administrative panel. So far so good! I then went to the Google play store and purchased the M1 touch app and I put in the requested information and holy cow it worked. I was able to arm and disarm the system via 4g. The following day I wake up, rush out the door to work and check my newly installed alarm a few hours later and what happens? Nothing, its telling me it is failing to connect. Cant figure out why! Please advise!!!!My other question is does the rp software need a specific amount of time to completely disconnect from the XEP before you attempt to connect to the ISY? Sometimes the ISY doesnt see the XEP. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Yes when Elk RP is connected other devices using the API interface like the ISY are prevented from communicating.   That is normal behavior and a limitation on the Elk side.    No idea about the disconnects when ElkRP  is not connected.  Sounds like something in your network connectivity is not stable. 

Do you have any idea why I’m able to connect to the M1 through the app when I’m using my network but if I try to use the secured port and 4g I’m not able to connect?

First, are you sure you were on 4G when at home. IRRC the app will default to your primary panel (home wi-fi) if it can find it.
How are you trying to access your Elk when on 4G? Through a DNS service like No-ip.com or do you have a static IP address at home?
Is your router port forwarded to the Elk?

More info please.

So happy that I connected to the panel I was most likely mistaken thinking it was 4g. I didnt realize that it would default to your primary home wifi. I currently have port 2601 forwarded on my router but I believe other ports should be open as well. Must I have a DNS service? In the tabs it's indicating that I have a static IP address. If you could give me some insight that would be greatly appreciated.    

A DNS service would only be needed if your ISP changes your IP address from time to time. Many do. If you have a static IP address at home, a DNS service isn't needed. Check with your ISP as to what kind of service you have.

You can check your IP address at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ . Re-check it every few days to see if it changes.

Port 2601 should be the only port you need to forward.

Back