Elk M1, M1XEP, and M1XSP non functioning.

forgets

I was hoping if anyone could help me out with this or if anyone has had anything like this happen to them. About 2 months ago, my M1XEP died after being in service for about 4 years. I contacted Elk, and they said to send it in. I did and i was sent a new one within a couple of days. The symptoms of the M1XEP were that there was no orange link light, and it wouldn't show up on the network at all.

After getting the replacement everything worked great again for about 2 months up until last week. As EKPro was trying to connect i started getting an error message again. After checking out the M1XEP again, i'm having the same problem, not visible on the network at all, no orange link light. One of my M1XSP's is also not registering on the elk bus, however the equipment it's connected to a rcs zone controller works fine. I pack them up and email elk and they tell me there's a $50 fee to examine each board. I figure this is better than buying a new one, though I was contemplating it to get one with a warranty again. Today after getting home from work, i notice the front door keypad has no power. I go and check the Elk M1 and notice the normally blinking status light is off. I turn it on and off, again no status light. I start removing expanders one by one until they're all removed. After they're all off, the board boots up, status light blinks for about 10 seconds then goes off.

I think the M1 main board might be fried, along with the replacement M1XEP and M1XSP. I've tried all the suggestions in the manual, as well as the M1XEP diagnostic tool, all to no avail. My equipment has always been protected on surge protector's and battery backup (for M1XEP and cable modem, router, etc.) All the other equipment i have connected to the surge equipment is still fully functional so i don't suspect lightning being the culprit. I'm really stumped here and afraid i'm out about $900 worth of equipment unless i pay the $150 examination fee + whatever it costs to fix each item.

Any help / insight anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Back