Elk M1 + new PSC05 + home made cable

openboxtt

Hi folks, I hope this is some basic problem I have but can someone tell me how to get the PSC05 to work?

I made and continuity-checked a 4 wire straight thru cable, hooked it up from J2 to the newly purchased PSC05. The light is on constant and stays constant while I execute various simple rules to turn on lamp modules or other x10 light switches.

Barring a defective PSC05, what am I missing? Does anyone have this working?

Currently a CM11a is able to control various X10 nodes without a problem.

Hi folks, I hope this is some basic problem I have but can someone tell me how to get the PSC05 to work?

I made and continuity-checked a 4 wire straight thru cable, hooked it up from J2 to the newly purchased PSC05. The light is on constant and stays constant while I execute various simple rules to turn on lamp modules or other x10 light switches.

Barring a defective PSC05, what am I missing? Does anyone have this working?

Currently a CM11a is able to control various X10 nodes without a problem.

I had the same problem.

Crossover cable did the trick.

Read Here

There is a 50/50 chance of the cable being wired wrong. Check the manual for the proper position of the ends of the cable.

Darn it! Those were my last two RJ11 ends....Will give it a try tonite if I can buy them asap.

Sounds like a very plausible reason. Nowhere could I find a specification about the M1's J2 pinouts while on the other hand, the X10Pro PDFs clearly described the 4 wires.

Thanks all!

It you have a cordless phone or other phone with a lenghty cable borrow it to make sure the cable is the issue.

If you are tlaking about J5's pinouts, the pinout is on page 7 of the elk manual with a nice picture.

It says:
"Close up view of std. 4 conductor modular phone cord. When
viewed as shown (back to back), the pin to pin color coding
does not reverse. Cord for PLC must be similar to above."

HTH

Back