ELK-M1EXP SSL Viewing over net Issues

tech-home

Is anyone else having issues viewing Elk via SSL outside your network?

HS2 loads fine but Elk just keeps loading. I've been trying for several minutes now.
My network at Home is conected with DSL and I'm trying to view from my school computer.

Yes port forwarding is setup it asks me if I want to accept the certificate I click yes but it never loads.

Make sure you have ports 80, 26, and 2601 forwarded through your router and port 21 if you want to do remote firmware updates in the future.

Make sure you have Java 2, version 1.5 installed on your computer.

Try ELKRP to see if it connects if possible. In case the school's firewall is blocking, you might try a computer outside the school.

Make sure you have ports 80, 26, and 2601 forwarded through your router and port 21 if you want to do remote firmware updates in the future.

Okay I didn't know I had to open more ports other then 2601, maybe thats the issue.

Does this look right?
Protocol Port Port Timeout (sec)
TCP 21 86400
TCP 80 86400
TCP 26 86400
TCP 2601 86400

I'm not sure the school blocks ports or not, I'll have to check with the computer guys when I see them. I'll let you if this works this evening when I'm in Stats class.

No I don't have Admin rights at most of the schools computers btu I've tried it on one that does. But they really don't block much
Liberal Arts University.. :rolleyes:

BrianD said:
... but Elk just keeps loading.
I was having the problem of the M1 keeping loading when connecting to the M1 from Opera.

By default I has Opera identifying itself as Internet Explorer (so that web sites do not reject me), but when changed Opera to identify as itself then the M1 loaded fine. Apparently the M1 does not like liers. :rolleyes:

Elcano,
You were dealing with the black art of Java and Sun Micro.

Ports to forward through your router and cable or DSL modem:
TCP 21 - FTP port for remote reprogramming.
TCP 80 - Webpage from the M1XEP
TCP 26
TCP 2601 - Secure port for ELKRP and webpage data.

ELKRM , remote control software, uses the unsecure port 2101 for now. It will be using the secure socket connection in the near future. So if you are using ELKRM outside your local area network, you will have to port forward 2101 also. Remember it is not secure.

I'm still having the same issue. I tried moving it to port 8181 also. HS used to run on this but is now on 8080.

Okay I may have a solution, upgrade Java I'm doing it now. I figured it would automatically update.

I'll reboot and check.

Back