Elk M1G No Siren

deca

I'm having trouble getting a burglary alarm to trigger a siren on output 1 of my panel. I've got output 1 connected to an Elk speaker, and I can hear voice info through the speaker... I just can't get any sirens to sound when an alarm is triggered. I've checked the globals section under RP and everything looks in order. Can anyone offer me some suggestions?? Thanks!

There is a cutoff timer assigned for each type of alarm. The cutoff timer names can not be changed because they are associated by the zone definition (burg, fire, water, etc.) . When an alarm occurs, the M1 will automatically use the time programmed in the cutoff timer for that type of alarm. You do not have to write any rules to accomplish this. You can however write rules based on the alarm turning on and turning off to cause other actions (send email, call cell phone, control lighting, etc.).

There is a cutoff timer assigned for each type of alarm. The cutoff timer names can not be changed because they are associated by the zone definition (burg, fire, water, etc.) . When an alarm occurs, the M1 will automatically use the time programmed in the cutoff timer for that type of alarm. You do not have to write any rules to accomplish this. You can however write rules based on the alarm turning on and turning off to cause other actions (send email, call cell phone, control lighting, etc.).

dlamb, thanks... got it. I was just a little confused but you've cleared it up. Thanks again.

Back