Elk M1G

BDHall

Things seem to be pretty quiet on the Elk front.

Any M1G firmware updates around the corner that might provide new functionality, such as additional instructions for rules, etc.?

Perhaps a hint as to how far off we might be from an M2 or whatever?

Spanky may not want to comment, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
Brian

What!? Are you kidding me? Now you've gone and done it! Listen, you'd best grab the wife and kids and head for the hills. Seriously the ESP (Elk Secret Police) will be by very soon. You don't want to know what will happen then. I can't believe you even asked about the future plans at Elk, much less mentioned the M2! Oh, no, now I've done it too....

:eek:

All joking aside, it is really frustrating getting nothing from the boys in NC. I love my Elk M1G. Really. It is the foundation of my whole home system. It just works. It's awesome.

And I understand their reticence on committing to future products. But I think they carry it too far. It's one thing to announce a new product prematurely. But as a loyal customer, it does not seem too much to ask for some general plans on where the product line is going.

So how about it, Sparky? Can you throw us a bone? (And please tell the ESP men that I think they are great human beings. :) )

The "ELK-SBA Wave File Audio Announcer" that Spanky mentioned [post="110186"]here[/post] in March has a promising name. I wonder what it is, and when it will be available?

The "ELK-SBA Wave File Audio Announcer" that Spanky mentioned [post="110186"]here[/post] in March has a promising name. I wonder what it is, and when it will be available?
I will bet it is a stand alone device that can be made to play stored wave files on demand.

Things seem to be pretty quiet on the Elk front.

Any M1G firmware updates around the corner that might provide new functionality, such as additional instructions for rules, etc.?

Thanks!
Brian

I was hoping we might get some feedback from Spanky, perhaps just a little bone.

Brian

Thanks for the bone Steve,

The Russound, Nuvo, and Proficient whole house audio is entering beta testing along with the new ELKRP.net upload download version. The Ademco Honeywell M1 receiver testing should start next week.

There are new upgrades on the M1, M1XEP, ELKRP, ELKRM, IP232, TS07, TS071 and RM Designer. God willing and the creek don't rise they should all be released about the same time because they are more or less connected to the whole house audio upgrade.

The Elk-SBA Secure Building Announer has a PCB upgrade before it can be released.

M? :D

Steve here is your bone back!!! ;)

Thanks for the bone Steve,

The Russound, Nuvo, and Proficient whole house audio is entering beta testing along with the new ELKRP.net upload download version. The Ademco Honeywell M1 receiver testing should start next week.

There are new upgrades on the M1, M1XEP, ELKRP, ELKRM, IP232, TS07, TS071 and RM Designer. God willing and the creek don't rise they should all be released about the same time because they are more or less connected to the whole house audio upgrade.

The Elk-SBA Secure Building Announer has a PCB upgrade before it can be released.

M? :D

Steve here is your bone back!!! ;)

Spanky,

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update.

It is all pretty clear except for the M?, oh well, had to try.

Thanks again!
Brian

Hey Spanky,

Thanks for the update - sounds exciting. As always, I know you don't like to say/promise much, but when you talk about all the things that'll be released around the same time, I always have to ask:

Are we talking next week, next month, next January, or next July? I'll take vague over nothing.

Thx!
-Todd

Thanks Spanky! It's nice to get a sense for what's on the stove in the Elk Kitchen.

Are we talking next week, next month, next January, or next July? I'll take vague over nothing.

As to timing, let me make some semi-educated guesses:

Since the audio is entering beta now, I'd assume we are four to six months from release. So for those things I'd guess around early December if there are no issues, Q1'10 if there are.

If I were at Elk, I'd want to get the firmware to support it out ahead of time to squash any interoperability issues before the hardware releases, so I bet we are three or four months away from the firmware updates....say late October-ish.

The Ademco receiver testing also just started, so let's guess late Q4 at the earliest, likely Q1.

And "a new PCB" sounds like Q2/3 '10 to me.

Other than the Holiday season, I've not considered any other "calendar drivers" (like shows, shelf resets, etc.) in my off-the-cuff analysis. Just guessing for fun!

Back