ELK-M1XEP M1 Ethernet module is now available

electron

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the eagerly awaited Elk M1 Ethernet module (ELK-M1XEP ) is now for sale and is shipping.

The ELK-M1XEP allows the M1 or M1G to be connected to the Internet or LAN (network) for programming, monitoring, remote control, email notifications, etc. Requires permanent broadband connection; Cable Modem, DSL, T1,etc.

According to the docs for the old version, the ethernet module uses the only stock serial port on the M1. That would imply that you cannot use the ethernet module and the HomeSeer plugin until the HomeSeer plugin fully supports the ethernet module.

Elk hasn't updated their website yet, I am curious to see the new documentation and features. Does anybody know the price yet? Martin? stocking yet?

Ouch, I thought the price was supposed to go down. How can we tell the old version from the new version?

Anything being sold now is the new version and I think that beta testers of the old version are being upgraded. Elk started shipments this week to beta testers. We should be fully stocked on them within the next 2 weeks.

WayneW said:
According to the docs for the old version, the ethernet module uses the only stock serial port on the M1. That would imply that you cannot use the ethernet module and the HomeSeer plugin until the HomeSeer plugin fully supports the ethernet module.
I finished the coding for the ethernet functionality last night. Everything is running smoothly on my computer now. This and other functionality will be available in the HS plug-in with the next version release that I hope to have out in the next two weeks.

Details to follow on the Homeseer BB...

Mark

Back