Elk or HAI for Lutron RA2 integration?

Those are excellent points, thanks.  

I agree regarding device status.  I don't have a lot of demand for it in the immediate future but I do know it's something I'll want.  I do look forward to being able to fine tune things like default dimmer levels and such based on time of day.  I know that won't necessarily be possible without a lot of fiddling.  So I'm not setting up the use of a hardware box for that. For that I'd hope to make use of it in combination with other products.  The key is understanding just how much of an assistance or an impediment they'd be.

Geo. from what little I've read, has the added complexity of taking longer to make temperature transitions.  More for heat than cooling.  So a lot of the smart thermostat logic doesn't quite work the same way as the much faster to respond hydrocarbon furnace setups.  Radiant is in a way similar  Ours is an in-ground setup (three 350' deep wells) feeding a forced air ducting system.  We didn't go radiant for the floors due to layout and the considerable added cost, and we'd still need ducts for summer AC.  But, like I wrote, I'm giving that time to settle before injecting automation into the fray.

We'll start moving tomorrow.  All the tech gear goes over first.  Then the movers will handle everything else.  We're literally only moving about 4 blocks.  I'll likely be offline for a while until I get everything spun back up.

Yes, good luck with the move.

Omnistat has 2 features that can be useful in your setup: heat/cool anticipator and EEC, which need to be adjusted for your specific system. Model RC2000 supports 3 geothermal configurations:

Heat Pump and Geothermal Heat Pump (2 Stage Heat / 1 Stage Cool)
Two Speed Heat Pump and Geothermal Two Speed Heat Pump (3 Stage Heat / 2 Stage Cool)
Dual Fuel Heat Pump and Geothermal Dual Fuel Heat Pump

If this is one of your systems, then you may be in luck :)

Thanks!  My plan is move just the fragile stuff I'd prefer the movers not mangle.  Like my racks and various other stuff.  Ain't no way I'm moving fridges and the like.

I really don't know a lot about the geo setup.  They're some model of Water Furnace units, that's about the extent of my knowledge at this point.  My only interest in them at this point (besides their proper functioning) is to have a hope of automating them at some point.  If that's something that factors into one system vs another then I guess it'd matter. 

Got a fair bit of stuff done yesterday, racks go this morning.  Won't have 'real' internet back until the 1st, assuming verizon doesn't utterly screw it up... (which is highly likely).  Meanwhile I'll be using a cell modem in one my other routers.

By the way, I wanted to jump on to say how nice it was to enable a program in CQC and have it automatically randomize (I wrote it previously) turning on and off the lights while we went away over the weekend.  Of course, before I turned it off, it freaked my wife out when we got back Sunday nights and the lights went on and off a couple times.

Back