ELK Reporting extra zones when triggering alarm

Sendero

OK, this is really odd. After having FIOS installed I wanted to test to make sure ELK could still talk to NextAlarm. So, I put my NextAlarm acct in test mode. Then i arm the ELK and go to trigger the motion sensor in a hallway. Alarm goes off as expected and I immediately disarm system. Then, I go to NextAlarm to see my log. In there, it shows two zones being violated but neither of them are the motion sensor. So, I look in my ELK log and see what looks odd to me. There are three Events of 1003 = Burglar Alarm, Any Area. There is one for the motion detector I set off but also one for zone 21 and one for zone 40 (Both setup as Burglar Entr/Exit 1 type zones. Why is the ELK reporting an alarm on those two other areas even though they were not triggered?

I first thought it may be due to the zone definition, but I have a zone 41 also setup as Entry/Exit and it is not showing up as violated.

Any ideas? The big problem I have with this right now is that NextAlarm only shows the zone 21 and 40 in its log, there is no mention of the motion sensor that was the true cause of the alarm.

I'll ask the standard question, are you using the latest firmware? This was discussed a long time ago and I thought it was resolved, which is why I asked if you are using the latest firmware.

I'll ask the standard question, are you using the latest firmware? This was discussed a long time ago and I thought it was resolved, which is why I asked if you are using the latest firmware.

I am facing this problem again... was there ever a resolution?

Triggering the front door zone also causes my back door zone to trigger, both confusing me and the alarm company.

I know that I have the latest firmware because I had to upgrade recently to install the ELK M!XEP.

Back