Elk RM , TS07 and Keypads

Len12121

I have a TS07 running Elk RM. I also have a Keypad M1KP2. I would like to use the F5 and F6 buttons in Elk RM for Automation functions. Since the keypad does not have F5 or F6 the system will not let me use them. Is there a way to make use of the Function keys F5 and F6 without changing my Keypad to a M1KPB?

You can use the F5 and F6 keys on ELKRM even though you have a M1KP2.
Spanky,

I tried to program them in ElkRM but they were not accessable. What do i need to do? Thanks for your reply.

Here's the deal. ELKRP will not show the drop downs list for F5 and F6 when programming a M1KP2, but you will still be able to use a Rule to reference F5 and F6 in a WHENEVER statement. The TS07 software guru says he does not limit the operation of the F5 and F6 keys on the TS07.

A second method is to use the keypad installer menu 3 and program an event code for F5 and F6. Then the programmed event will work with the TS07.

You can use the F5 and F6 keys on ELKRM even though you have a M1KP2.
Spanky,

I tried to program them in ElkRM but they were not accessable. What do i need to do? Thanks for your reply.

Here's the deal. ELKRP will not show the drop downs list for F5 and F6 when programming a M1KP2, but you will still be able to use a Rule to reference F5 and F6 in a WHENEVER statement. The TS07 software guru says he does not limit the operation of the F5 and F6 keys on the TS07.

A second method is to use the keypad installer menu 3 and program an event code for F5 and F6. Then the programmed event will work with the TS07.
Thanks for the quick response. Will try that.
Will I be able to Label those keys and illuminate them when on? If I wanted this to work could I add an extra keypad M1KPB and then I could accomplish what I am looking for?

Back