Elk Voice Announcements Over Panasonic Intercom

Has anyone noticed that when the Elk M1 says the word "Back" it missed the "ck" sound in the word? Whenever we open my back patio door we hear "Baaa patio door."

Same here...found that adding a pause (200ms Silence) after "Back" gives her enough time to speak her mind.
Thanks I'll try that. Looks like Elk might be able to address this in a firmware update then.

New version of how the paging will work:

Preceed the telephone number with the "A" character to instruct the dialer that this is a paging call, then the telephone number to dial such as 33*, there will be a 1.5 second delay before the voice message starts. Add commas (,) for additional 2 second delays or "/" for additional 125 millisecond delays. Multiple delays can be added to the end of the telephone number.

By adding the delay characters, a wide range of delays can be achieved.

Examples:
Dial: A33* this dials 33* and delays 1.5 seconds before starting the voice message.
Dial: A33*,//// this dials 33* and delays 4 seconds before starting the voice message. Edit: 1.5 + 2 + (4 X 125ms) = 4 seconds

Excellent work Spanky!

I think it's great that you and your team have provided the tools for individual users to customize this feature.

Just one thing...wouldn't your second example delay the announcement by 2 seconds?

Anyway, thanks again. I can't wait to integrate the upgrade!

Edit: My math was wrong

Speaking of Elk M1 voice announcements...

Has anyone noticed that when the Elk M1 says the word "Back" it missed the "ck" sound in the word? Whenever we open my back patio door we hear "Baaa patio door."

I have the Elk broadcasting announcements through a GreyFox/On-Q/Legrand intercom system, works great!

[sub](I hope this isn't too far off topic.)[/sub]

Johnny! This has been brought up before, how to get into the on-q intercom system but I dont recall a solution. How did you do that????????? PLEASE!!

We have demonstrated the M1 sending voice paging though the ELK telephone paging system. In this case we dialed A7/1, . The 125 ms delay between digits is needed by our telephone system. The M1 said the time: "Time is 5:40 PM" once and hungup.

Progress!!

Nice feature,
Thanks.

Speaking of Elk M1 voice announcements...

I have the Elk broadcasting announcements through a GreyFox/On-Q/Legrand intercom system, works great!

[sub](I hope this isn't too far off topic.)[/sub]

Johnny! This has been brought up before, how to get into the on-q intercom system but I dont recall a solution. How did you do that????????? PLEASE!!

The thread you are looking for is Elk M1G & On-Q inQuire Intercom. Please note that Armor Clad and I apparently had different pin layout on the on-q system. They are both listed in the thread.

Back