Elk Voices Repeating on Disarm

BraveSirRobbin

I am having a weird problem at my friend's house with his Elk system. I don't have any voices entered for all of his door zones as shown below.

I do have rules in place that announce a message (i.e. garage door open) when the zone is violated and the time is during the day as shown below.

What is happening is when he comes home (house armed in away mode) and opens his garage door, no voice announcements are made. Then he opens the laundry room door to access the keypad inside (no voice announcement made when he opened that door as well), then he disarms the system.

All of a sudden you hear 'house disarmed' then "laundry room door opened" then "garage door opened" then it repeats "laundry room door opened" then "garage door opened". Sometimes he has stated that it is not in that order, but it always repeats the voice announcements for the doors opening twice during a disarm.

I really am at a loss here. I tried to add "and when not in an entry countdown" and "when house is disarmed" in those rules, but nothing helped.

The reason I have the doors setup this way is I want some non alarm announcements made during the night (example, I made a diabetes monitor interface for his daughter's Dexcom remote that need to get announced during the night time) so I can't just disable 'non alarm' announcements at night time with a rule.

I was thinking of making this Dexcom diabetes alert (a how-to on this is coming btw) monitor a 'silent alarm' but really didn't want to have to go that route.

Help and advice would be very much appreciated! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Snap8.jpg
    Snap8.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Snap9.jpg
    Snap9.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Snap10.jpg
    Snap10.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 31
I have no idea...That being said I am definitely interested in how you integrated a Diabetes alert in to a HA setup...definitely the first time I have seen this.

This is puzzling. I have to think that somehow the database is corrupt. How could the M1 announce the door is open when there is nothing in the voice description for that field? Was there at one time?

I have bene having a similar problem, but am not too worried about it. In my case, when I come home, I open the car garage door, drive into the garage, open the kitchen door, then disarm the system. Similarly, I then get "system disarmed", "garage door open", and "kitchen door open".

It's like the voice announcer lady is asleep then wakes up after someone comes in the house.

Out of curiosity, I ran some tests. It seems that the lady announces violated non-alarm zones after disarming the system.

Out of curiosity, I ran some tests. It seems that the lady announces violated non-alarm zones after disarming the system.

You mean "alarm" zones right? Also, there was voices in the zone field at one time as you asked above. If the database is "corrupt", how do I go about fixing it?

I'm sure there is a way to default the panel, but I couldn't find it in the manual. Maybe someone can help. I would say default the panel and reload and see if that helps.

No I meant non-alarm zones. I was mistaken about the door announcement, but my garage doors and door locks are non-alarm zones, so they get announced when I disarm if they are violated.

The problem with this is I would have to (IMO) connect back to the serial port for coms to the Elk. I really don't know why the database would have gotten corrupt. I'm thinking there is some other problem. If the database were corrupt you would think I would have other issues also.

...my garage doors and door locks are non-alarm zones, so they get announced when I disarm if they are violated.
Weird! I have lots of non-alarm zones, such as pantry, hall closet, and kids' rooms - all set as non-alarm zones, and they've never announced during disarm in 4 years!

I could have it wrong, but they do announce, and the fact that they are violated non-alarm zones is the common item.

When the M1 is disarmed, there is a short period of time in which the status becomes unsecure to allow the system to check all the zones to make them secure if the zone is secure. The Rule is finding the zone not secure during that short period of time. Try delaying after disarming and then let your Rules fire.

I have no idea...That being said I am definitely interested in how you integrated a Diabetes alert in to a HA setup...definitely the first time I have seen this.
Sorry for taking soooooo long, but HERE is the How-To on interfacing a Dexcom Diabetes Monitor to your Home Automation System!

Back