Elk web page

SkyBolt

Is it possable not to have the elk require a login, if the login is from the local subnet? Or turn login's off all together?
Having to type in th euser code is killing me with my touch screen app.

Thanks,
Skybolt

you're talking the security code or the web-site login? If it's the web-site login, that can be turned off - just keep your network secure. I think it was off by default actually - it's done through ElkRP. If you need specific instructions, I can remote into mine later.

A better solution if your device would support it would be ElkRMS (CE or Windows) and have your app launch that... the web-app really isn't all that great, but ElkRMS is pretty nice.

you're talking the security code or the web-site login? If it's the web-site login, that can be turned off - just keep your network secure. I think it was off by default actually - it's done through ElkRP. If you need specific instructions, I can remote into mine later.

A better solution if your device would support it would be ElkRMS (CE or Windows) and have your app launch that... the web-app really isn't all that great, but ElkRMS is pretty nice.

when I connect localy, i.e. 192.168.2.40 - the webapge comes up and askes for security code -IE username and password then the elk ask for my user code. I would like both to be turned off for local access.

when I connect localy, i.e. 192.168.2.40 - the webapge comes up and askes for security code -IE username and password then the elk ask for my user code. I would like both to be turned off for local access.
To turn off the username and password, in ElkRP, go into M1XEP Setup and clear-out all of the fields on the Passwords tab.

You can't disable the user code, AFAIK.

Then anyone with a sniffer or access to your browser history would know your security code...

Not if you only used it on your local lan. Anyway it's not a big deal, but it would make using my touch screens a little easier. I don't browsers on my touch screens.

Back