Elk WSV2...WSV but better.

Am I reading that correctly? It's now rated for outdoors? That's what's been holding me back. I'm in FL, so no basement or crawlspace. Have to install outside.

Digger said:
It says it has a status output.  Probably high for one state and low for the other. 
Correct. It is a voltage output. I always thought it's nice when manufacturers give you a dry contact for status for a few reasons. The voltage output is too open collector'ish, if you follow me.

gatchel said:
Correct. It is a voltage output. I always thought it's nice when manufacturers give you a dry contact for status for a few reasons. The voltage output is too open collector'ish, if you follow me.

I also prefer Form C contacts.  The watercop I put in about 8 years ago has the dry contacts and its easy to intergrate.

Just put a TTL in and it's the same, no biggie. Probably a cost savings for them....how many people would supervise the status vs. not?

Can someone please explain the current draw of this valve?
The specs say 800 mA - 1.5 Amps nominal, but is this current drawn when the valve is actually actuating or continously?

Just trying to understand how much continous current draw this addition would mean for my system.
Thanks, L.

Just while  operating on this one - it actively opens/closes it, so it's not like a sprinkler valve,  for instance, where current is drawn as long as it's open.

Back