ElkRP on a weekend?

gregoryx

Aw... I was bummed when my local supplier (SmartHome) didn't have the XSP in stock, so I can't do the Elk/Insteon thing this weekend; but I'm MORE bummed now that I see that Elk's support board doesn't auto-register users - meaning that I can't download ElkRP. :(

I know, I should have done it a while ago... but I was planning to go from zero to sixty in one weekend or less... and now I'm sitting with a dead engine, I guess.

Can someone point me to a location where I'd find the ElkRP software to get me up and running? Frankly, I don't see why it's hidden away... it doesn't seem like it'd be much use to someone who didn't have an M1. :D

If ONLY it were that easy! The demo version will do everything except actually connect to a panel. :D

Anyone got a link to the full version? Or a way to nudge an admin at Elk to "approve" on a weekend? :(

Thank you, all!

Thanks to a couple of folks, I was able to get up and going last weekend - allowing me to get sprinklers and motion-based lighting all up and going even before getting my official login from Elk on Monday! <_<

I moved both off of my old ADI Leopard. I'm very pleased with how easy the Elk is to work with.

I have tested the Cinemar plugin briefly and expect to use it or the Home Seer plugin ultimately.

Thanks again for your collective help! :D

gregoryx said:
I have tested the Cinemar plugin briefly and expect to use it or the Home Seer plugin ultimately.
Can you give us your opinion and overall test summary results when you are finished Gregory?

Thanks,

BSR

Of course.

I will not really consider it "ready" until I get the XSP module (on order) and get Insteon working.

I'm keeping notes. I expect to write stuff up on Elk and Insteon as well.

Back