Entry/Exit Chime not working

g13392

I have OmniPro II that smoked few years back, and now I have it up and running almost back to where it was.  Big thanks to pete_c for helping me through the whole ordeal.  Only thing that is not working is Entry/Exit Chime.  I remember the beeps every time the doors open, but it does not beep anymore.  The PC Access Arming section shows Entry Chime value as "Yes".  I've also reset System RAM, as another thread suggested.  Do I have to reprogram somewhere on the Dealer PC Access?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Do I have to reprogram somewhere on the Dealer PC Access?

No.  Just do a cold boot and restoral of the system RAM. 

Similiar issue occurred with an Omni User a couple of weeks back.

Suggested fix to getting the beeps back was to save configuration and do a close boot or clear the system RAM.

Note this is different that a warm reset of the RAM. With clearing the system RAM you will need to enter the IP and keys plus upload saved PCA stuff.

pete,

I went into the touch screen and reset the RAM, and you are saying this is warm reset?  I have a backup of the configuration, so I'm ready to do a cold reset (boot), but I can't figure out how.  I also looked through the manual, but I can't seem to find it.  If you can shed some light, that would be great.

Thanks.

Pete,

I read on another post that they solved a chime issue with EEPROM reset.  Is this what you mean by cold boot?

Thanks

So I reset the EEPROM and reloaded my settings, but the chime is still not ringing.  Could I have missed a wire when I was hooking the board back together?  Looks like there are blocks TB1, TB2, TB3 and TB4.  Is there a wire dedicated to Exit/Entry chime that I may have missed?

Back