EOL Resistors for zones w/multiple contacts

FrankMc said:
As mentioned above , i prefer to use "Tamper Detection" you actually install 2 resistors in a sensor / door contact and this allows the alarm panel to determine if the sensor is in alarm or in tamper condition using one pair of wires for both.......

Frank

Are you referring to the "Optional Four (4) State Zone Wiring (2 series resistors w/ N.C. contacts) on page 9 of the ELK install manual?

Sorry should have mentioned my alarm panel is an Oz panel "Genesis " .....But i would imagine its the same as the Elk......With Genesis you put a 4k7 resistor across the sensor alarm contacts/ door contact and a 10k resistor in series.......

HTH
Frank

As mentioned above , i prefer to use "Tamper Detection" you actually install 2 resistors in a sensor / door contact and this allows the alarm panel to determine if the sensor is in alarm or in tamper condition using one pair of wires for both.......

Frank

I am quite new to this and do not quite understand the above..could you elaborate?

Hi

Have a look at the link that RFDESQ posted a few posts back..Go to page 9 of the Elk manual and theres a drawing and explanation there....

Also chaps another feature that the latest version of Genesis has is the ability to select what value of end of line resistor for a zone...handy when upgrading an existing system which uses different value resistors...Does the M1 have this feature ???

HTH
Frank

Also chaps another feature that the latest version of Genesis has is the ability to select what value of end of line resistor for a zone...handy when upgrading an existing system which uses different value resistors...Does the M1 have this feature ???
The M1 only uses two values of resistors 2.2k and 820 ohm for two wire smoke detectors. The values are not adjustable.

Back