Force Armable

Tombo

I have an Elk M1G that I am setting up for arming. I need to go through two doors after setting the Away arm button. I have a 120 second exit time setup for these two doors. I noticed that the alarm will not arm unless it says ready on the front panel. Well one door is open when I am ready to leave. Does the Force armable attribute fix this case where I will have two zones violated or will violate until I leave? Example of my scenario: I want to set Away on the alarm keypad in the kitchen. Then I walk through the doorway to the garage. Therefore that door opens and closes (I assume since I am under my 2 minutes I should be ok). The over head garage door is open already (here is the problem). It will not arm with the overhead door open. I think the force armable should fix this. So my question is ... Is the Force Armable defined as "Ignore this zone for arming your security system and when the exit time is expired keep ignoring this zone until I am secured." Also, I assume I can open and close as many doors as I want until the exit timeout expires .

As Wayne said, "Yes". Force Armable allows a door to be open when the system is armed. The LCD display will show "Ready Force". The zones are temporarily bypassed out of the system. When the door is closed or becomes secure, it is placed back into the system. An open garage door is a good example: You can arm the M1 with the garage door open, go to your car, leave and close the garage door. Closing the garage door can occur after the exit time has expired bacause the garage door was temporarily bypassed upon arming.

In the latest M1 software upgrade, the force arming procedure was modified so that you only had to enter the code once to arm, NOT twice as in the earlier M1 software versions.

You must check the zone definition attribute for Force Arming with ELKRP or through the keypad zone programming to make Force Arming work with a particular zone.

Thanks. One more detail that is still not clear. If I opened that garage door again within my timeout (forgot something in the garage) will it affect the alarm? In other words, it does not force arm the area until the timeout expires. Correct?

Spanky said:
In the latest M1 software upgrade, the force arming procedure was modified so that you only had to enter the code once to arm, NOT twice as in the earlier M1 software versions.
Indeed good news. What is the release number that contains this change?

Thanks.

Yes, I think so. I know that regular zones do not become fully armed until the timeout expires. I use force armable on some windows that we sometimes leave open (the house was wired when we bought it, but without dual magnets on the windows), so I haven't verified your question.

Version 4.3.12 has the Force Arm modification for single code arming.

Once the door is closed the temporary bypass is removed. Reopening the door before the exit time expires will not cause an alarm, but will restart the exit time once, if the restart exit option is checked. If you let the exit time expire again, the entrance delay will start, along with an Exit Error to the central station if programmed. This delay sequence gets complex, but it was included as part of the SIA False Alarm Reduction guidelines.

Back