Free Prizes!

JohnBullard

Ok, they use Google, but you earn points for prizes everytime you do a search!

From their website: http://www.findisland.com/index.php

"Google receives 250 million queries a day. Yahoo! handles more than 240 million searches a day. With those searches, Google makes more than $100 million a year, and Yahoo! makes more than $200 million.

And all those searches come from users like yourself.

But what do you get out of it? Nothing.

How do the Search Engines pay you back for all your hard work? They don't.

Until now. FindIsland is the Search Engine that pays you back. Powered by Google's awesome search technology, FindIsland searches the entire Internet—more than 4 billion web sites—to find whatever you are looking for.

What different about FindIsland is that you get rewarded for every search you perform. Every month, FindIsland gives away a new prize. And every time you search, you receive one entry into that giveaway.

If you don't want the prize we are giving away, don't worry. You can save your entries until we have a prize you like. Later, FindIsland might offer weekly—even daily—prize drawings, so there is sure to be something you'll like. And all you ever have to do is Search. "

What's the "gotchaua"?

can't find anything bad about them, but I assume they wil make money through advertising? Looks like they started this in August, but I haven't found a site yet showing what people actually think about it.

I haven't looked closely at this offer, but I bet it is like IWon.com. IWon awards points toward lottery drawings whenever you use their site. The problem is that they also sell your email addy to every spammer in the world. Never again.

My wife was an iWon member too, but supposedly this companydoesn't sell your data. I personally wouldn't trust it for sure.

I think I'll pass on that one. Sounds fishy. While you may not get the spam, since I assume you have to supply your address (or how could you get your prize), I assume you will get 300 more pieces of junk in the mailbox. But who knows.

Wonder if one of the prizes will be a Dell Flash memory Stick
microwave.gif

Back