H/T/S Circuit Board

rje

Hello

New to the 1-wire circuits.

Just received my first round of Hobby Board components (1 of many I hope) and have a question regarding the humidity/temp/solar circuit board.

Loking at the schematic, rev 3.1, is the DS18S20 temp sensor always parastic powered? Vdd is tied to ground.

Thanks

Randy

Just received my first round of Hobby Board components (1 of many I hope) and have a question regarding the humidity/temp/solar circuit board.

Loking at the schematic, rev 3.1, is the DS18S20 temp sensor always parastic powered? Vdd is tied to ground.

This is correct, they are connected on the physical board as well. Why is it bothering you?

It is working fine, at least for me.

We did that because not everyone supplies external power to the board. We would have had to add another jumper to the board to set parasitic or external power to the DS18S20 and since they work fine on parasitic power we decided to save the cost and hassle of an extra jumper.

Eric

Hello

New to the 1-wire circuits.

Thanks

Randy

Just making sure as my plan is to have all 1-wire components powered, it's just they way I want to do my network.

I'll just rework the boards to so that it is.

Thanks for your help.

Randy

Back