solar & humidity stopped working on t/h/s board

mtmtntop

i got the combined unit ds2438 that measures solar, temp and humidity earlier this year and use it to monitor a room in a greenhouse. it worked fine from the minute i plugged it in. now i find i am only getting the temp from it. i have another DS18s20 sensor plugged into the ds2438 and am getting that data. any ideas on what to check to find out why 2/3 of this unit no longer work after a few months? thanks

I have three of the HB combo sensors and one Midon combo sensors. Two are the combo light, humidity and temperature sensors. I built a pagoda last year and mounted one inside. It worked about 5-6 months then quit in a similiar fashion. Its mounted about 25 feet up and I haven't had a chance to replace/fix it yet. The other two combos are working fine. These are all on a non parasitic network (3 wires).

I believe the thought is that the humidity sensor has to be replaced. Something with the voltage is causing the light sensor not to work.

Per the schematic, the DS18S20 on that board always uses parasite power, but the solar and humidity sections use either parasite or external 12v power. If you are running it with external power and J1 installed, make sure the power is getting there.

Bring it into the house, make sure its clean and dry, bench test it.

I didn't have good luck running the humidity/light sensor with parasitic power so providing these sensors with external voltage. The connections to the sensors are one for all of the ones on the board. (even though the temperature sensor is utilizing parasitic power). Initially the humidity/light sensor problem was kind of irratic sometimes working for days then sometimes the humidity sensor going to 100% for days. There's a jumper on the board to change it from parasitic to external power.

Per the schematic, the DS18S20 on that board always uses parasite power, but the solar and humidity sections use either parasite or external 12v power. If you are running it with external power and J1 installed, make sure the power is getting there.

mine is running on parasitic, so j1 is not installed had a look inside and all looks great inside.

Back